Thursday, October 29, 2009





Casting Crowns=an amazing example of a Christian band!


I was able to see them in concert on Saturday night, and was reminded how great they are. It was a good show, but it was also a night of amazing worship too! Sometimes I get a little cynical when it comes to the integrity of well known Christian speakers or singers, but they just seem so genuine and SO much fun!



Jake also was able to hook us up with awesome seats, and meet and greet passes too, so we got to meet some of the members of the band-such a great time!


So about Jake, sometimes I have to remind myself how lucky I am to have him in my life! It's been so great to get to know him the last few months. I remember thinking that I'd never find a guy that would be as sweet or thoughtful as I'd expect them to be, or someone that would appreciate my geekiness or laugh when I'm a little irrational, but I seem to have found him. Plus he's so incredibly smart! It definitely keeps me on my toes...and it keeps my humbleness in check too. He also loves God...which is a given, but it's so incredible. So yeah...enough gushing...sorry!


So I'm also feeling kind of anxious about starting school in the next couple of weeks. I've decided to finally finish my teaching degree after a few year hiatus. It's been something I've wanted to do since I was a kid, but my life has gone a couple different directions since I graduated from college, and has finally come back to the place where I need to start school again. I know I'll love the learning aspect, but it's the papers and tests (those little details) that I'm freaking out about! It'll be nice to take online classes so I have a little flexibility as far as the school work goes.

3 comments:

Shannelle said...

i'm so excited for you, nancee! glad that you've found a great christian guy AND that you're going back to school. i had no idea!! despite your fears, i'm sure you'll be just fine. besides, i never found the ED stuff to be as difficult as the NUC stuff, so you'll be wondering why you were ever worried about it at all, i'm sure. :)

jill s said...

you guys are so stinking cute.

and i'm with you on the school thing.

i'm SO excited and SO nervous at the same time!!

Kristin Marie said...

you and Jake are adorable! And have fun going back to school!! Where are you going?
ps that shirt only cost me $1.50!