Saturday, January 5, 2008

Home!





Well, I did make it home...eventually...after spending New Years Eve in O'Hare airport, I have a new appreciation for my friends that I was SUPPOSED to be with on New Years Eve...oh well...I survived :)
I actually got home on Tuesday afternoon, 18 hours after my scheduled arrival time...with no luggage (of course). This seemed to be the theme this year, most people I know that traveled over Christmas did not get their luggage at the airport when they arrived at their destination. I'm wondering if there's such a shortage of jobs that they need to keep the luggage delivery people busy so they have something to do? I'm not sure what the situation is...maybe they can transfer the luggage delivery people to the luggage "putter on the correct plane" department so we could get our suitcases ON TIME.

Anyway, enough about that...the visit with my family was really great! It was definitely not relaxing (as I assumed it would be), but we all had a lot of fun for sure.



So yes, it was a very good visit.

Also, my parents had a ceremony where they renewed their wedding vows on their 30th anniversay. It was really cool to be there to witness that after the journey and roller coaster that our family has been on for the last 30 years. I know that all families go through things like that, but I can't imagine the strain on a marriage when your family and children are changing every week. I think it was really cool that they chose to do that and kind of "start over" in a way at the time in their lives when our family has reached a bit of a "regular" rhythm.

It was also really cool to see some people that were there that we hadn't seen in a a LONG time. It's pretty awesome to be reminded of the effects that my parents have had on people's lives.

Anyway, this week I've been back to work...it's amazing how busy it can be around here with no groups in or nothing REALLY going on.

Also, yesterday I went through my clothes and managed to get rid of a lot of stuff. That is definitely a cleansing feeling to me...my house is pretty small, so anything I can get rid of that I don't need helps out in that area. Speaking of my house...here are some pictures....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YEAH! i was waiting for another update!

we didn't get our baggage when we landed either time either!!

what a pain!!

i'm glad you made it back safely though.

your place looks so cute!

xx
jill