Monday, January 21, 2008

social butterfly

It's probably about that time to post another blog...

I'm making the shift in my life from "bored out of my mind" to "trying to find time for myself", and it's kind of a cool thing. I started playing floor hockey 1 night a week, and it's been a ton of fun! I've been trying to exercise more regularly, and I bought an exercise bike that I've been using, but playing with other people is definitely a more fun option.

Also, last week I got to go to a couple of different schools to do some staff recruiting for the camp. One of those schools was Ambrose University College (formerly known as Nazarene University College), where I used to attend. The school has changed a lot (for the better), but some of the staff are the same and a couple of people that I went to school with are now on staff there...so it was awesome to spend time with them. I also made a visit to MySub, probably the best sub place I've been to!

It was also really cool to hang out with staff members from other camps. It's like you already have so much in common with them because of your job, but camp ministry is also a way of life. It's awesome to connect with people who live in that same way and have the same passion for their area of ministry too.

Then this weekend I went to a young adults gathering/small group thing at a Nazarene church in Calgary. I wish I could go all the time, but it's kind of a drive to go every week...but this week was awesome. We talked about what it means to be made in the image of God and how part of our humanity is included in that...the fact that we're made for relationships, we're made to be spiritual, to be logical and to be creative. I always love discussing things like that with other people because you always learn a lot from others...they bring a whole different perspective to things you may have heard before. Anyway, after that a group of us went out and it happened that I was the only girl in this group of about 8 guys. This is usually not a bad thing...but I sorta forgot what it's like to hang out with with guys who don't care if a girl is present. Let's just say there was a lot of conversation about puke, poop, girls...etc...definitely enlightening for me :)

Anyway, in general...life is great. I'm totally at a point where I feel satisfied with all of the different things that my life is made up of...and that is such a great feeling.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAH! i've been waiting for a post! i'm glad things are going good. sounds like it was fun to reconnect with some old friends!

we miss you here in FREEZING michigan!

xx
jill

chris wilke said...

community is awesome! atleast good community is. the talk in your small group reminded me of Rob Bell's Everything is Spiritual talk. i think that's out on dvd now. regarding the guy talk- yeah, but last night i was with a girl i tutor and she ripped a horrible one! so there you go- two semi-related things in my life to your life.