Tuesday, May 6, 2008

updates and observations...

I've come to the conclusion that I'm a terrible blogger...and I can live with that! First of all, I'll just give a couple of updates on things that are going on...These comments are pretty segmented, so I'll just leave it at that.

1. In case you're unaware, I'm in Michigan, staying with my parents for the next few weeks while my work visa gets straightened out. It's been super cool to be able to hang out with my brothers and sisters in their "normal lives". I've been to more games, concerts, and dance recitals in the last few weeks than I've been to in a LONG time :)

2. I'm getting ready to go to North Carolina to visit my Granny in a couple weeks! I'm pretty excited...only because I haven't been to her place in about 13 years or something...so it'll be really cool to see her cabins and her new house and all that stuff. My Granny's pretty awesome!

3. There's a possibility that this visa stuff isn't going to work out, and I won't be able to go back to Canada...so because of that, I'm trying to think of a few "back-up options". It's tough because I don't want to think of a back up plan, I want to go back to Camp Harmattan, continue life the way it was and move on from there, but God might have other plans, so I need to be prepared either way.

Ok, now observations... 1. As I've been hanging out in Jenison, it's kind of reminded me of the reason that I left in the first place... It's a great town to raise your kids in, but the people that I've been running into seem to be a little bit fake...or something...I just don't feel at "home".

2. This is a pretty random quote that I got from a friend, who got it from a friend...but I thought it was pretty profound. "a relationship with him (God) is not complicated by design. we make it complicated and the more complicated we make it, the less we get out of it." I just like that...it's not about big words or understand the Greek language in the New Testament, it's just about a relationship...

3. I went to a band concert tonight (yes, my brothers (JP and Tyler) were playing... and it happened to be senior night so all of the seniors were introduced, and someone read their future plans as they were introduced. It was kinda cool...we got to hear what college they were going to attend, their major...whatever. Well, most of them also had "get married and have kids" after college too...and I just was thinking about how interesting it is when you're 18, and you have your life layed out in front of you the way you THINK it's going to go. I just had to wonder, how many of them would follow through with the plans they had talked about. Of course, I think about my own life...after college I had NO idea I'd be in Chicago...New York wasn't even on the horizon...and I get to back to Canada? Crazy! Of course I didn't think I'd be living my "post college" life alone either...but hey...that's life :)

1 comment:

chris wilke said...

I'm glad I got to read what's been going on with you lately. I hope you had a blast with your granny! And I hope we get to talk again soon.